Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Great Muppet Comic Strip


This just in, Disney Adventures magazine will soon be printing brand new Muppet comic strips! The series will be drawn by comic book artist Roger Langridge. On Langridge’s blog, he wrote:

“Curtrently working on: The Muppets! Disney Adventures Magazine are about to start a regular Muppets comic strip, written and drawn by Yours Truly. I have to admit this is a bit of a thrill - I realised only a few years ago how much of an influence the original, 1970s Muppet Show was on my comics work. So to be actually doing it is quite a weird feeling.” (sp)

Of course, this is not the first time the Muppets have appeared in comic strip-form. “The Muppets” was written and drawn by Guy and Brad Gilchrist from 1981 to 1986.

I should also add that I used to have a subscription to Disney Adventures, which I collected for the Bone comic features, by Jeff Smith. It made me into a lifetime Bone fan, so who knows? Maybe Disney is actually taking steps toward getting new fans as obsessed as us!

In any case, I’m sure we can all agree that new Muppet stuffs is good newses.

See below for a sample of Roger Langridge's art.
Click here to discuss this article on the ToughPigs forum! Biff! Bam! Pow!

No comments:

Post a Comment